One of the Windows Phone popular apps makes its way to iOS and Android once again. This time its Office Lens, it stayed with Windows Phone for over a year and now iPhone and Android users will get the taste of it.
Office Lens is a handle tool which captures or scans pictures taken with your smartphone’s camera, and automatically adjusts and crops to get a image which can be further used to search text too, due to the optical character recognition feature. It turns your smartphone into a pocket scanner which lets to further save them to OneNote or OneDrive and it gives you additional options for sharing or exporting it.
According to the Office Blog, some of the more significant features and capabilities that Office Lens for iPhone supports:
- Recognizes the corners of a document and automatically crops, enhances and cleans up the image.
- Identifies printed text with optical character recognition (OCR) so that you can search by key word for the image in OneNote or OneDrive.
- Converts images of paper documents and whiteboard notes into Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and PDF files for easy editing and reformatting
- Captures business cards and generates contacts you can add to your phone
- Inserts images to OneNote or OneDrive (as DOCX, PPTX, JPG or PDF format) and gives you options to save, export and share the image.
Office Lens for iPhone is available for free at the Apple App Store. But to try this app on an Android device you need to follow some steps:
- Go to Office Lens Android Preview in the Google+ community.
- Click Join community
- Click the Become a Tester link and then follow as per the requirement of the page.
It’s an app worth trying and sharing, so we recommend you try it and share your experience with us in the comment section below.
Stay tune for more updates.